This is a through the clothes, pressure point style massage. It is carried out with the client sitting on a specially designed chair and concentrates on the
main stress bearing areas of the upper body - the back, neck, shoulders, arms, hands and head. This massage is specifically designed to energise as well as de-stress the recipient.
Benefits include an immediate reduction in muscular tension in the upper body. Regular seated acupressure massage reduces the likelihood of muscular tension
developing into more serious muscular-skeletal conditions.
Massage in the Workplace
Due to the speed, convenience and its invigorating effect, seated acupressure massage is ideal for use in the corporate sector.
The Benefits To An Organisation
Massage at work provides a valuable addition to an organisation’s benefits and health and wellbeing strategy. Specifically, a massage service provides:
- An immediate and tangible reduction in anxiety and other symptoms of stress in staff. As well as improving the performance of those at work, it makes absence from
work due to stress related illness less likely.
- An immediate reduction in muscular tension in the upper body. Regular massage also reduces the likelihood of muscular tension developing into more serious
muscular-skeletal conditions such as Repetitive Strain Injury and can help identify "at risk" staff.
- Improved motivation of staff. The provision of a service that is highly visible, beneficial for health, enjoyable to receive and perceived as high value is extremely
effective in motivating employees by making them feel valued and appreciated, especially where the service is funded or part funded by the organisation.
A Flexible Service
This service is flexible in the following ways:
- The length of appointments can be set at 15 minutes, 20 minutes or 30 minutes. Shorter sessions can also work, where the main aim is motivational rather than
- This service can be as and when required or on a regular basis.
- Funding can be organisation funded, shared funding (in any proportion) or voluntary (employee funded).